$ 63,028.00 2.67%
$ 4,141.11 0.70%
$ 480.16 2.82%
$ 1.00 0.16%
$ 2.20 2.32%
$ 203.95 12.01%
$ 1.10 3.21%
$ 45.31 3.46%
$ 0.246512 2.29%
$ 1.00 0.09%
$ 42.90 3.89%
$ 66.23 8.53%
$ 63,245.00 2.61%
$ 26.54 2.12%
$ 199.36 4.30%
$ 0.000027 4.12%
$ 29.11 5.62%
$ 1.00 0.51%
$ 633.00 0.90%
$ 1.91 7.18%
$ 1.55 0.11%
$ 35.22 0.83%
$ 0.379136 3.56%
$ 0.133041 7.56%
$ 45.77 2.11%
$ 63.66 5.27%
$ 64.89 2.37%
$ 121.37 4.48%
$ 56.32 0.41%
$ 1.00 0.19%
$ 0.101655 2.09%
$ 83.11 0.90%
$ 24.51 3.41%
$ 6.12 0.72%
$ 6.88 0.85%
$ 2.30 3.33%
$ 4,114.64 0.93%
$ 0.38893 2.00%
$ 253.86 5.14%
$ 272.50 3.07%
$ 0.193665 1.07%
$ 9.21 5.34%
$ 20.15 0.13%
$ 4.74 1.76%
$ 0.927084 7.03%
$ 14.31 3.87%
$ 324.26 0.42%
$ 1.66 0.51%
$ 0.021759 0.02%
$ 287.76 1.47%
- Russian Oil Companies Propose to Mine Cryptocurrencies at Their WellsBitcoin News - 11 minutes agoCompanies involved in oil production in Russia have come up with a project to organize the mining of cryptocurrencies right next to the oil fields they are exploiting. Data centers devoted to coin minting can be powered by the excess gas released during oil extraction which would otherwise be wasted. Ministries and Central Bank Review […]
- Next-Generation Cryptocurrency LTNM to List on FMFW.Io Exchange (Formerly Bitcoin.com Exchange)Bitcoin News - 1 hour agoPRESS RELEASE. Palo Alto, October 18, 2021 – LTNM, the next generation insured asset-backed cryptocurrency, continues to gain momentum and expand its global acceptance as it announced today it will be listed on FMFW.io Exchange (formerly known as Bitcoin.com Exchange), a top-tier cryptocurrency exchange. This represents a milestone for both parties – one where LTNM […]
- FTX Raises $420 Million in Series B-1 — Crypto Exchange Commands $25 Billion ValuationBitcoin News - 2 hours agoThe digital currency exchange FTX Trading Limited announced the firm has raised more than $420 million in a Series B-1 fundraise. The capital raise follows the crypto exchange’s financing round at the end of July when FTX raised $900 million. After the raise was announced on October 21, FTX said the firm’s estimated valuation is […]
- $2.2 Trillion Asset Manager Pimco Looking to Trade Cryptocurrencies, CIO SaysBitcoin News - 4 hours agoPimco, an asset manager with $2.2 trillion under management, is looking to start trading cryptocurrencies. “We’re trading from a relative value perspective,” the firm’s chief investment officer said. Pimco’s clients include central banks, sovereign wealth funds, public and private pension funds, financial and non-financial corporations, foundations, and endowments. Pimco Getting Into Crypto Pimco’s chief investment […]
- Tesla Hodls Bitcoin in Q3, Elon Musk Tweets BTC at $69K MemeBitcoin News - 6 hours agoTesla is currently holding bitcoin worth $1.26 billion on its balance sheet, the company’s third-quarter earnings report shows. The electric car company reported a bitcoin-related impairment of $51 million in the quarter. Meanwhile, CEO Elon Musk tweeted a meme showing the price of bitcoin at $69K and ether at $4.2K. Tesla Continues to Hold Bitcoin […]
- US Public Pension Fund for Firefighters Adds Bitcoin and Ether Worth $25 Million to PortfolioBitcoin News - 8 hours agoThe $5.5 billion pension fund for the U.S. city of Houston’s firefighters has announced an investment in bitcoin and ether. “This investment marks the first announced investment in digital assets by a public pension plan in the U.S.” ‘A Watershed Moment for Bitcoin and Its Place in Public Pensions’ The Houston Firefighters’ Relief and Retirement […]
- Carbon Credit Token MCO2 Is Now Listed on Gemini – Learn About the Green Asset Set to Save the PlanetBitcoin News - 9 hours agoMCO2 is a carbon credit token traded by Moss.Earth. One MCO2 token is equivalent to one carbon credit. It is now possible to find this asset available on the largest exchanges on the planet, such as Gemini. The token goes through several processes to guarantee the security and reliability of the product. MCO2 Is the […]
- Rap Star Snoop Dogg Teams up With the Harlem Globetrotters in an NFT SitcomBitcoin News - 10 hours agoOn October 20, the iconic rap star Snoop Dogg announced he’s participating in a non-fungible token (NFT) sitcom with the popular basketball team the Harlem Globetrotters. According to the announcement, the NFT drop is part of a campaign featuring a limited edition Snoop Dogg and Globetrotters NFT collection. NFT Whale Snoop Dogg Partners With the […]
- Australia Needs Regulations to Facilitate Crypto Business, Senate Committee ReportsBitcoin News - 12 hours agoA Senate committee in Australia has made a number of proposals to address the lack of proper regulations for the cryptocurrency space. The lawmakers believe the country needs new rules for its fintech and digital asset industries to be able to compete with jurisdictions that are already attracting some of its own crypto firms. Senate […]
- As the Crypto Economy Nears $3 Trillion, Top 10 Crypto Exchanges Hold Over $206B, More Than 7%Bitcoin News - 15 hours agoThe crypto economy has come awfully close to nearing the $3 trillion handle as far as the value of all 10,000+ crypto assets is concerned. Today, crypto market aggregation sites show the entire crypto-economy at $2.756 trillion is worth more than the value of Apple’s market cap at $2.467. Furthermore, the top ten crypto-asset exchanges, […]
- Every spectactor in a section of FTX Arena handed $500 in crypto at season openerCointelegraph.com News - 39 minutes agoThe international crypto exchange also gave every spectator a T-shirt linked to an exclusive Opening Night FTX Arena NFT. Major cryptocurrency exchange FTX has given $500 in crypto to every spectator sitting in one section of the FTX Arena at Thursday’s Miami Heat season opener game against the Milwaukee Bucks. As well as the crypto giveaway, every fan in the stadium received a T-shirt with a QR code giving access to an exclusive ‘Opening Night FTX Arena NFT’. Free NFT-shirt? Say no more!All @MiamiHEAT fans in attendance at tonight’s game will receive a free “You In, Miami?” t-shirt! By scanning the…
- 17% of addresses snapped up 80% of all Ethereum NFTs since AprilCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoAccording to research from Moonstream the top 16.71% of all NFT hodlers on Ethereum owned 80.98% of NFTs between April 1 and Sept. 25. Open source blockchain analytics firm Moonstream published a report which found that around 17% of addresses control more than 80% of all NFTs on Ethereum. The report was published on Oct. 21 and the analysis was conducted on more than 7 million NFT transactions on the Ethereum blockchain between April 1 and Sept. 25, 2021. The report found that whales, NFT platforms and exchanges which comprise the top 16.71% of all addresses, own 80.98% of NFTs…
- Too popular: Bitcoin futures ETF in danger of hitting upper limit for contractsCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoUnprecedented demand for the ProShares futures fund could result in longer contracts that may stray from Bitcoin prices. The ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF is on track to reach a limit on the number of futures contracts it’s allowed after quickly becoming a little too popular.After just a couple of days of trading, the ProShares ETF has reached 1,900 contracts sold for October and there is 2,000 front-month limit imposed by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.There are already 1,400 contracts for November and there is an overall maximum limit of 5,000 open contracts according to Bloomberg. One solution could be to offer…
- Major DeFi founders back play-to-earn game that hopes to be next Flappy BirdCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoA new blockchain based play to earn game called Fancy Birds hopes to emulate the success of the addictive mobile phenomenon Flappy Bird. A new play-to-earn (P2E) blockchain game that hopes to emulate the addictive success of 2013 mobile phenomenon Flappy Bird has drawn backing from some of DeFi’s biggest names.Kain Warwick from Synthetix, Stani Kulechov from Aave, Tyler Ward from Barnbridge, angel investor Santiago Santos (ex-ParaFi Capital) and 0xmaki from Sushi joined a pre seed round this week for the forthcoming Fancy Birds which is due to launch in around a month.Fancy Birds is a single player mobile game…
- Ripple CEO says the SEC helped Ethereum to overtake XRP as No.2 cryptoCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoThe Ripple boss claims his company was unfairly treated which has given Ethereum the edge. Ripple chief executive Brad Garlinghouse has been airing his thoughts over the state of the crypto market and regulations, and a grudge over the financial regulator’s approach to Ethereum appears to have surfaced.Speaking at the DC Fintech Week virtual conference on Oct. 21, the Ripple boss declared that Ethereum had been granted a regulatory green light that enabled it to surpass his company’s XRP token.The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has been pursuing Ripple over claims that XRP is an unregistered security. In January, Ripple…
- 200 Bitcoin ATMs installed at Walmart… with plans for 8000 in totalCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoWalmart plans to eventually install 8,000 Bitcoin ATMs in the U.S. and has installed 200 in a pilot program. Walmart has partnered with coin-cashing machine company Coinstar and crypto-cash exchange CoinMe to install 200 Bitcoin ATMs in its stores across the U.S. Although the pilot includes only 200 kiosks, the broader launch plans to eventually see the installation of 8,000 bitcoin ATMs across the country, according to Bloomberg. There has been no further details on timelines as of yet. According to Coin ATM Radar, there are currently over 25,000 bitcoin ATMs at select grocery stores and service stations in the U.S.…
- Robinhood crypto wallet waitlist hits 1 million peopleCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoRobinhood CEO Vlad Tenev said crypto as an asset class is here to “stay” and revealed that over a million users have signed up to the firm’s crypto wallet waitlist. More than 1 million people are on the waitlist for Robinhood’s long-awaited crypto wallet according to CEO Vlad Tenev Speaking to Jim Cramer during CNBC’s Disruptor 50 summit on Oct. 21, Tenev stated that was very “proud” of Robinhood’s progress in crypto, as he highlighted the firm’s recent push to provide a crypto wallet for its users: “A lot of people have been asking us for the ability to send…
- Shanghai Man: Blockchain Week with Vitalik still happening, ‘Bitcoin’ searches on WeChat hit 26M in a dayCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoThis weekly roundup of news from Mainland China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong attempts to curate the industrys most important news, including influential projects, changes in the regulatory landscape, and enterprise blockchain integrations.In this 30th edition of the Shanghai Man column, we preview the Wanxiang Shanghai Blockchain Week, an offline event that normally is the biggest blockchain conference on the Chinese calendar. Next week, despite all the regulatory crackdowns, the event is still planning to go ahead, albeit with a one-month delay from its usual place in mid-September.The flagship eventHistorically, Wanxiang Blockchain Week has attracted huge crowds of industry participants including…
- Bulls fight to keep Ethereum price above $4K ahead of Friday’s $435M options expiryCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoETH price failed to overcome its previous all-time high, but derivatives data signals that bulls will try their best to keep the price above $4,000 for the short-term. Ether (ETH) flirted with its $4,380 all-time high on Oct. 21 but failed to breach it by a few dollars. Some analysts, including independent market analyst Scott Melker, believe that an exchange-traded fund (ETF) approval is the next logical step for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).My bet is we will see an Ethereum Futures ETF before we see a physical Bitcoin ETF.— The Wolf Of All Streets (@scottmelker) October 20,…
- Associated Press plans to launch Chainlink node to publish dataCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoThe news agency added it would be open to shifting its approach based on the response from developers as it kept “a finger on the pulse of the blockchain economy.” The Associated Press news agency announced it would be launching its own Chainlink oracle node to ensure any data from its U.S. newspaper and broadcaster members would be cryptographically verified.In an Oct. 21 announcement, the Associated Press, or AP, said smart contract developers would have access to the agency’s “economic, sports, and race call data” once the node was operational. According to the AP, it will be publishing data on-chain…
- Early meeting of E-Gold founders may hold clue to Satoshi Nakamoto’s identity — Peter ThielCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoDid Satoshi Nakamoto work on E-Gold? If so, Peter Thiel thinks he has a way to narrow down the identity of Bitcoin’s creator. PayPal co-founder and billionaire venture capitalist Peter Thiel believes he may hold a clue on how to find Satoshi Nakamoto, Bitcoin’s (BTC) pseudonymous creator who disappeared two years after mining the cryptocurrency’s genesis block in January 2009. His theory stems from an early meeting of E-Gold founders in February 2000, where roughly 200 people coalesced around a beach in Anguilla to devise a strategy for promoting a new currency system that could challenge central banks. E-Gold was a…
- Traders brace for a drop to $58K if Bitcoin price loses the $62K supportCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoAfter a 100%+ move to a new all-time high, profit taking kicks in and Bitcoin traders brace for a possible retest of the $58,000 to $62,000 zone. Whipsaw price action has returned to the cryptocurrency market after Bitcoin’s (BTC) price lost steam at $67,100 and retracted to the $62,000 level. An early morning 87% flash crash in the price of BTC at Binance US saw the price briefly touch $8,200 and it may have set the market on edge, but generally, it appears to have been an isolated event. Data from Cointelegraph Markets Pro and TradingView show that bears have briefly taken…
- Treasury official acknowledges most crypto transactions are 'legitimate' but still anticipates additional sanctionsCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours ago“The vast majority of digital assets are being used for legitimate purposes, but for those that are primarily in the business of furthering criminal enterprises, we plan to use our tools to go after them,” said Wally Adeyemo. Wally Adeyemo, the Deputy Secretary of the United States Department of the Treasury, said the department would likely be enforcing more sanctions on companies involved in illicit transactions related to ransomware payments.Speaking at an online event hosted by the Center for a New American Security with former Treasury Secretary Jack Lew and Ambassador Paula Dobriansky, Adeyemo said the U.S. government would likely…
- Breaking Google’s monopoly: Internxt pushes decentralized cloud as privacy concerns growCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoData monopolists like Google have abused their position, according to Internxt’s Fran Villalba Segarra. Decentralized architecture offers a solution. Privacy-focused blockchain file storage service Internxt has a lofty vision: leverage decentralized technology to break Big Tech’s monopoly over user data. Its first product, Internxt Drive, aims to compete as an alternative to Google Drive and Dropbox — without compromising personal privacy and data ownership. In an exclusive interview with Cointelegraph, Internxt CEO Fran Villalba Segarra described the core technology behind his product and explained why privacy should be considered a fundamental human right. He also explained the perils of centralized architecture,…
- How cross-chain games are giving users the first look at a metaverseCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoBlockchain interoperability might just be becoming a reality, with cross-chain NFT games taking the lead. Society is headed towards a new form of digital ownership with an economy and greater metaverse based on the blockchain. The concept of “the metaverse” is typically depicted as actual and augmented reality-based in a virtual world. Most recognize this concept since it is present in several fictional movies of dystopian futures like Ready, Player, One, Minority Report and Avatar. However, the concept has since quickly gained attraction from the technology industry, making it more viable than ever before.The metaverse is seen by many as…
- Bitcoin bulls set to net an $830M profit after Friday's BTC options expiryCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoBitcoin’s surge to $67,000 has given bulls an advantage in Oct. 22’s $1.8 billion BTC options expiry. Two or three weeks ago, when Bitcoin (BTC) was trading below $52,000, a trader betting on $65,000 by Oct. 22 would have been considered extremely optimistic. The fact that 98% of the put (sell) options for Bitcoin’s weekly options expiry on Oct. 22 has been placed below that price proves that this is true.Fast forward to this week, and the successful launch of the first BTC exchange-traded fund (ETF) in the United States and news that Digital Currency Group (DCG), the parent company…
- Inflation fears or ETF driving Bitcoin price? The Market Report is live with Big ChedsCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours ago“The Market Report” with Cointelegraph is live right now with special guest Big Cheds, a professional trader and one of the founding analysts of Bitcoin Live. Join Cointelegraph host and analyst Benton Yaun alongside resident market experts Jordan Finneseth and Marcel Pechman as they break down the latest news in the markets this week. Here’s what to expect in this week’s markets news breakdown:Is the Bitcoin (BTC) exchange-traded fund (ETF) the only thing driving up BTC price, or are there other factors at play?The first-ever Bitcoin futures ETF hit a record-breaking $1 billion in assets under management in just two…
- Pension fund for Texas firefighters reportedly allocates $25M to Bitcoin and EtherCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoThe fund is responsible for the benefits of more than 6,600 active and retired firefighters as well as surviving family members. The pension fund for firefighters in Houston has allocated part of its $4 billion portfolio towards crypto.According to a Thursday Bloomberg report, the Houston Firefighters’ Relief and Retirement Fund used the New York Digital Investment Group, or NYDIG, to execute the purchase of $25 million in Bitcoin (BTC) and Ether (ETH). Public records through the Texas comptroller’s office show the pension fund held more than $4.1 billion in total net assets as of June 2020, meaning the group has…
- Solana gains over 26% in two days — $250 SOL price target next?Cointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoSolana’s latest price rally comes in the wake of new Bitcoin all-time highs above $65,000. Solana’s SOL coin rallied higher on Oct. 21 as traders shifted focus from Bitcoin (BTC) to the most promising altcoins.Notably, the price of SOL increased by more than 11% to over $196 a token, the highest level since Sept. 11. Combined with the gains recorded in the previous 36 hours, SOL was up by as much as 26%. SOL/USD daily price chart. Source: TradingViewCapital rotation in play?A new Bitcoin all-time high price on Oct. 20 triggered price rallies across the altcoin market as well.For instance, Ethereum’s native Ether…
- NFT company Candy Digital valued at $1.5B following $100M Series ACointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoThe digital collectibles company was co-founded by entrepreneurs Michael Rubin, Mike Novogratz and Gary Vaynerchuk. Nonfungible token (NFT) company Candy Digital has secured $100 million in funding to expand its product footprint and creative capabilities, marking another major milestone for the rapidly growing NFT market. The funding will be used to expand Candy Digital’s NFT product offerings across the global sports marketplace, including creating new fan experiences, the company announced Thursday. Candy’s existing partnerships include Major League Baseball, Major League Baseball Players Association, Race Team Alliance and several college athletes. The Series A round was co-led by private equity firms Insight…
- Bitcoin sheds 6% in battle for all-time high support amid falling funding ratesCointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoBitcoin markets are getting slowly cleansed of irrational exuberance with a classic drawdown toward $60,000. Bitcoin (BTC) briefly dipped below $63,000 on Oct. 21 as a standard correction cooled the market.BTC/USD 1-hour candle chart (Bitstamp). Source: TradingViewBitcoin battles for new support at old peakData from Cointelegraph Markets Pro and TradingView followed BTC/USD as it came off all-time highs above $67,000 to hit lows of $62,860 on Bitstamp.The roughly 6% drop from its peak came as little surprise to seasoned traders, despite Bitcoin so far failing to create solid support at the site of its previous all-time high of $64,900.“Bitcoin is still…
- ‘Free coin to everyone’ project aims to make 1B crypto owners in 2 yearsCointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoBacked by a16z and co-founded by Sam Altman, Worldcoin will give free crypto in exchange for an eye scan. Funded by crypto heavyweights, new crypto unicorn Worldcoin revealed its plan to let everyone claim free coins to accelerate global crypto adoption.Providing the global population with free cryptocurrency sounds like a moonshot project, but $25 million in backing from Andreessen Horowitz, Coinbase Ventures, 1confirmation, Blockchange and Day One Ventures, and a valuation of $1 billion adds some weight to the Worldcoin project. Co-founded by Alex Blania, Sam Altman and Max Novendstern, Worldcoin saw the participation of more than 100,000 people from…
- Bitcoin futures ETFs: Good, but not quite thereCointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoWith a Bitcoin futures exchange-traded fund, getting exposure to the world’s largest cryptocurrency will be easier than ever. The odds of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) approving a Bitcoin (BTC) exchange-traded fund (ETF) before a physical Bitcoin ETF are higher than ever, courtesy of Chairman Gary Gensler’s now oft-repeated preference for the former.But here’s the issue: an ETF built around crypto futures isn’t the most efficient, economical or easiest route. Physically backed products are. They’re likely to attract more assets and open the crypto market to more investors. And they are much easier for investors to understand.This…
- Valkyrie Bitcoin futures ETF to launch on Nasdaq on Oct. 22Cointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoValkyrie’s Bitcoin futures ETF will go live on Nasdaq just a few days after ProShares debuted a similar product on NYSE. Valkyrie’s Bitcoin (BTC) futures-based exchange-traded fund (ETF) is poised to follow the launch of ProShares’ Bitcoin Strategy ETF on Friday.Valkyrie Bitcoin Strategy ETF is finally effective and is set to start trading on Nasdaq under the ticker BTF on Friday, Valkyrie confirmed to Cointelegraph on Thursday.The launch comes after the United States Securities and Exchange Commission granted a notice of effectiveness to Valkyrie Bitcoin Strategy ETF on Thursday.According to Leah Wald, CEO of Valkyrie Funds, the upcoming launch of Valkyrie’s Bitcoin…
- Crypto remittances see adoption, but volatility may be a deal breakerCointelegraph.com News - 16 hours agoThe path to mass cryptocurrency adoption passes through remittances, but it may not happen any time soon. Cryptocurrency adoption has been growing for a number of reasons. In emerging markets, research suggests crypto remittances are a factor, although some argue that the idea of using cryptocurrencies for these transactions is nothing more than a purist’s dream.The CEO of cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform BitMEX, Alexander Höptner, predicted earlier this month that by the end of next year, at least five countries will have accepted Bitcoin (BTC) as a legal tender, as crypto assets can be faster and cheaper for remittances.He believes…
- Bitcoin price flash crashes by 87% to $8K on Binance.USCointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoBTC/USD “crashes” 87% on Binance’s U.S. platform, drawing irritation from traders who criticized order book depth. Bitcoin (BTC) crashed to just $8,100 on Oct. 21 — but only if you were trading on Binance’s dedicated United States exchange, Binance.US.On Oct. 21, Binance.US suddenly printed a one-minute candle that took BTC/USD from $65,815 to $8,200 — a drop of 87%.“Shouldn’t be happening”In what traders call a “scam wick,” the one-minute BTC/USD differed dramatically from other major exchanges, which logged a one-minute candle with a floor of around $64,200.The phenomenon has occurred more frequently in recent days, with Bitstamp also seeing freak…
- Iota launches beta smart contracts to foster interoperabilityCointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoThe platform will enable developers to set individual parameters for execution fees, a feature expected to suppress the fee prices to near-zero. The Iota Foundation has announced the release of its beta version smart contract functionality, with the objective to solve market challenges of scalability limitations and high transaction fees, as well as reportedly debuting components not witnessed thus far in the space.Iota’s nonprofit foundation is focused on open-source research and development initiatives to drive adoption in the distributed ledger technology space, alongside its native platform, the Tangle.The smart contract service will foster interoperability and standardization through the integration of…
- FTX crypto exchange raises $420M from 69 investorsCointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoFTX’s user base has grown by 48%, while its average trade volume has increased 75% since a funding round in July. FTX, one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world, has raised $420 million in fresh funding, bringing its total valuation to $25 billion.The firm officially announced Thursday that FTX’s operator, FTX Trading, has completed a new Series B-1 fundraise involving 69 investors, including Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board and Singapore’s state investment firm Temasek.Other investors included major venture capital firms such as Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, Sea Capital, Ribbit Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and funds and accounts managed by…
- China’s state planning agency calls for public opinion on Bitcoin mining banCointelegraph.com News - 18 hours agoThe move could signal plans by Chinese authorities to amend its previous negative stance on Bitcoin and cryptocurrency mining activities. China’s National Development and Reform Commission is seeking public opinion on the inclusion of crypto mining in its list of “phased-out” industries.The call for public comments by the country’s macroeconomic planning agency was contained in a release issued on Thursday.Back on Sept. 24, the agency added digital currency mining to its list of outdated industries following sweeping crackdowns by authorities in Beijing against crypto miners.The move offered a definitive stance by the commission after seemingly going back and forth on the…
- Sanctioned Russian oligarch urges central bank to embrace BitcoinCointelegraph.com News - 19 hours agoThe U.S. Treasury asked cryptocurrency companies to ensure compliance with sanctions last week. Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska has once again called on the Russian government to stop ignoring Bitcoin (BTC) after the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation raided his homes in Washington and New York.In a Telegram post on Thursday, Deripaska argued that the Bank of Russia has been “infantile in ignoring the growing cryptocurrency market,” while the U.S. Department of the Treasury has been “investing particularly in this direction.”The billionaire emphasized that cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin have massive potential to not only help Russia avoid U.S. sanctions but also…
- Iota Floats Smart Contracts Beta with Zero Execution FeeBlockchain News - 11 minutes agoThe Iota Foundation has launched its smart contract functionality which it said is now available in IOTA 2.0 DevNet. (Read More)
- Bitcoin's Growth is Fueled by Inflation Fears, JPMorgan Strategists sayBlockchain News - 41 minutes agoJPMorgan analysts pointed out that the latest surge in BTC price is more likely driven by the fact that investors see BTC as a hedge against inflation. (Read More)
- Tesla Records $51 Million Impairment Loss on its Bitcoin Holdings in Q3Blockchain News - 2 hours agoTesla has announced that it experienced an impairment loss of $51 million on its Bitcoin investments in Q3. The company’s investment in Bitcoin fell, driven by relative instability in the crypto’s price experienced during that period. (Read More)
- SolChicks- The Best Play-to-Earn Game on Solana.Blockchain News - 3 hours agoSolChicks is the next best play-to-earn RPG battle gaming ecosystem. Real-time PvP, raids, tournaments, farming, and more. (Read More)
- BTC, ETH Jump to New Highs after Bitcoin ETF Launch - What's Next?Blockchain News - 3 hours agoOptimism in the crypto world is sky-high that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) okayed the first US Bitcoin futures exchange-traded fund. (Read More)
- FTX Completes $420M Series B-1 Funding Round at $25B ValuationBlockchain News - 3 hours agoFTX Derivatives Exchange has completed a $420.69 million Series B-1 funding with participation from top investors. (Read More)
- Bitcoin’s Bear Trap Might be Over as Price Jumps to New ATH of $66,952Blockchain News - 20 hours agoMarket analyst Lark Davis Believed that the bear trap experienced in the BTC market might be over, along with reaching a new ATH of the Bitcoin’s price. (Read More)
- Bitcoin Price Surges to All-Time High Of $66,900 LevelBlockchain News - 20 hours agoBitcoin has surged $66,900 level, passing the previous price record of $64,889 set in April. (Read More)
- Why Cathie Wood’s ARK Investments Skipped Buying the First Bitcoin Futures ETF Shares?Blockchain News - 22 hours agoIt was unusual that ARK Investments did not buy ProShares Bitcoin futures shares during the debut trading on the public markets. Wood Cathie, the CEO of the investment firm, has given out reasons behind such moves. (Read More)
- Luxury Shoe Brand Jimmy Choo Floats First NFT Collection on BinanceBlockchain News - 23 hours agoGlobal luxury fashion brand Jimmy Choo has launched its first-ever Non-Fungible Token collection on the Binance NFT marketplace. (Read More)
- Three Altcoins Poised To Explode After Bitcoin’s Big Breakout, According to Crypto Analyst InmortalThe Daily Hodl - 8 hours agoA popular crypto analyst is mapping out some big price predictions for three large-cap altcoins. The pseudonymous trader Inmortal tells his 95,000 Twitter followers that in order for the crypto market at large to remain bullish, Bitcoin (BTC) now needs to hold above $61,000. If that happens, Inmortal predicts the leading smart contract platform Ethereum […] The post Three Altcoins Poised To Explode After Bitcoin’s Big Breakout, According to Crypto Analyst Inmortal appeared first on The Daily Hodl.
- Bitcoin ETF Is Not Fueling Top Cryptocurrency’s Rise to Record Highs, Says JPMorganThe Daily Hodl - 8 hours agoDespite conventional wisdom, analysts at banking giant JPMorgan Chase say that the new Bitcoin Futures ETF is not the reason behind BTC’s surge to a new all-time high. Company strategists tell Bloomberg that concerns over inflation are driving up the top crypto’s price, rather than excitement over the launch of the first-ever BTC Futures ETF. […] The post Bitcoin ETF Is Not Fueling Top Cryptocurrency’s Rise to Record Highs, Says JPMorgan appeared first on The Daily Hodl.
- Shark Tank Investor Kevin O’Leary Says He Considers Crypto a Stock Market Sector – Here’s WhyThe Daily Hodl - 10 hours agoShark Tank star Kevin O’Leary is managing cryptocurrencies in his portfolio just like they were a sector of the stock market. In a new interview, the celebrity venture capitalist says that investing in crypto is not limited to just holding Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH). “The truth is there’s so much activity going on, so […] The post Shark Tank Investor Kevin O’Leary Says He Considers Crypto a Stock Market Sector – Here’s Why appeared first on The Daily Hodl.
- Crypto Lending Platform Celsius Responds to New York Attorney General’s Shut Down OrderThe Daily Hodl - 10 hours agoCelsius Network is fighting back against the perception that regulators have cracked down on its operations. The crypto lending company issued a statement this week saying “Celsius is here to say” and “working closely with regulators.” Celsius also clarifies that it did not receive a cease-and-desist order from authorities in New York State. Earlier this […] The post Crypto Lending Platform Celsius Responds to New York Attorney General’s Shut Down Order appeared first on The Daily Hodl.
- Little-Known Altcoin Erupts After Sudden Listing From Crypto Giant CoinbaseThe Daily Hodl - 11 hours agoA little-known altcoin is in the midst of a meteoric price rally after gaining support from crypto exchange leader Coinbase. In a new blog post, the company announced that it will launch support for Assemble Protocol (ASM) on Coinbase Pro. The move sent the low-cap coin’s price skyrocketing 217% from $0.03 to $0.10 in just […] The post Little-Known Altcoin Erupts After Sudden Listing From Crypto Giant Coinbase appeared first on The Daily Hodl.
- Dogecoin Adoption in the US Supercedes Bitcoin and Ethereum, According to New Crypto SurveyThe Daily Hodl - 11 hours agoThe adoption rate of Dogecoin (DOGE) in the US is nearly double that of the rest of the world, according to a new survey from the Australian publication Finder. The survey polled 41,645 individuals in 22 countries and found that nearly a third of all cryptocurrency holders in the US own Dogecoin. “Of those that […] The post Dogecoin Adoption in the US Supercedes Bitcoin and Ethereum, According to New Crypto Survey appeared first on The Daily Hodl.
- Here’s What’s Next for Chainlink, Curve, Skale, The Graph, THORchain and VeChain, According to Analyst Michaël van de PoppeThe Daily Hodl - 12 hours agoCrypto strategist and trader Michaël van de Poppe has high hopes for a handful of altcoins amid Bitcoin’s (BTC) recent rally to new all-time highs. In a new strategy session, the prominent trader begins by outlining his latest analysis on the native asset of the decentralized price feed service Chainlink (LINK). “At this stage I […] The post Here’s What’s Next for Chainlink, Curve, Skale, The Graph, THORchain and VeChain, According to Analyst Michaël van de Poppe appeared first on The Daily Hodl.
- Here’s What Will Trigger the Next Big Ethereum Rally, According to Top Crypto AnalystThe Daily Hodl - 13 hours agoA popular crypto trader is predicting what needs to happen for Ethereum’s (ETH) price to surge even further. In the TechnicalRoundup newsletter, the pseudonymous analyst DonAlt says ETH is likely to underperform during a Bitcoin (BTC) breakout but will overperform later if the market rides “a multi-month uptrend.” “As Bitcoin gets sufficiently pumped (very technical […] The post Here’s What Will Trigger the Next Big Ethereum Rally, According to Top Crypto Analyst appeared first on The Daily Hodl.
- Solana Gaming Platform MonkeyBall Raises $3 Million From Crypto’s FinestThe Daily Hodl - 13 hours agoOctober 21, 2021 – Tel Aviv, Israel Play-to-earn gaming platform MonkeyBall has confirmed the conclusion of its recent funding round, during which it managed to raise over $3 million from a slew of venture and angel investors. Participants in the round include an assortment of high-profile firms such as Solana Capital, Republic, NFX, iAngels, Longhash, […] The post Solana Gaming Platform MonkeyBall Raises $3 Million From Crypto’s Finest appeared first on The Daily Hodl.
- Bitcoin ETF Could Spur $50,000,000,000 in Demand in Its First Year, According to Research Firm FundstratThe Daily Hodl - 16 hours agoAn analyst at Fundstrat Global Advisors says that a new Bitcoin (BTC) exchange-traded fund (ETF) could bring in as much as $50 billion in its first year and further drive up the price of the benchmark cryptocurrency. According to Fundstrat Global Advisors co-founder Tom Lee, demand for the ProShares exchange-traded fund could deliver higher first-year […] The post Bitcoin ETF Could Spur $50,000,000,000 in Demand in Its First Year, According to Research Firm Fundstrat appeared first on The Daily Hodl.
- Solana Surges Above $200 ! SOL Price to Hit New ATH Today?Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide - 4 hours agoThe post Solana Surges Above $200 ! SOL Price to Hit New ATH Today? appeared first on Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide Bitcoin reached that high on Wednesday, but has since dropped to $64.2K on Thursday, and is now at $64.8K. Solana, the sixth most valuable cryptocurrency by market capitalization, beats its peers. SOL was able to entice all of the bulls into its market, gaining 12.4 percent in the last 24 hours. SOL was trading at …
- INU Token: What is it and What is it used For?Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide - 14 hours agoThe post INU Token: What is it and What is it used For? appeared first on Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide Meme cryptocurrencies have started being seen as purely speculative assets over the last few months, where people simply gamble their money hoping whales will carry the token’s price up and help them get rich overnight. Their true origin stemmed from a united community with a common goal. The INU token is bringing back the true …
- CORE Multichain In A NutshellCoinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide - 16 hours agoThe post CORE Multichain In A Nutshell appeared first on Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide CORE is a multichain PoS network with the goals of interoperability, scalability, and usability in mind. It uses an AI-enabled Proof of Stake algorithm, a multi-layered consensus mechanism, and voting-based governance as its foundation. Advanced sharding and pipelining, chunking, and parallel transaction processing ensure that this network achieves higher levels of scalability. The CORE network can …
- Polkadot (DOT) Price Ready To Ignite, Aims 67% Upswing By End Of October 2021Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide - 16 hours agoThe post Polkadot (DOT) Price Ready To Ignite, Aims 67% Upswing By End Of October 2021 appeared first on Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide The crypto space is slowly on the verge to become the fastest growing and flourishing space as the market cap is heading towards $3 trillion at lighting speed. Bitcoin price and Ethereum price are heading towards their respective highs yet again gearing up other altcoins. And hence Polkadot (DOT) price following the trend may also …
- Ethereum Price Enters & Exits Discovery Phase In Hurry!! Will Altseason Be Triggered!Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide - 17 hours agoThe post Ethereum Price Enters & Exits Discovery Phase In Hurry!! Will Altseason Be Triggered! appeared first on Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide The broader crypto space is fast approaching the $3 trillion mark with approximately 5% gains in 24 hours. Star cryptos of the space Bitcoin and Ethereum seems to be moving side by side with incredible gains from the start of the Q4. Especially, the most valued altcoin outperformed the flagship asset in terms of profits …
- Shiba-Inu Price in Consolidation Phase! Is This the Calm Before the Storm?Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide - 17 hours agoThe post Shiba-Inu Price in Consolidation Phase! Is This the Calm Before the Storm? appeared first on Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide Cryptocurrencies have increased in value in the last 24 hours. Ether, the second-largest cryptocurrency and the unit linked to the Ethereum network, went up over 7% to $4,223, according to CoinGecko. Cardano price increased by about 4% to $2.24, dogecoin prices increased by more than 2.4 percent to $0.25, and Shiba Inu price increased by …
- Online Casinos are One of the Fastest in the Adoption of Digital CurrenciesCoinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide - 17 hours agoThe post Online Casinos are One of the Fastest in the Adoption of Digital Currencies appeared first on Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide The very first cryptocurrency or digital currency was invented over ten years ago. Back in 2008, a group of people or one unknown individual invented what we later become the most used digital currency, Bitcoin. While invented in 2008, Bitcoin was not in use until 2008 when Bitcoin was finally released as a fully decentralized, …
- Privacy DEX Manta Network Bags $5.5 Million in New Funding RoundCoinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide - 17 hours agoThe post Privacy DEX Manta Network Bags $5.5 Million in New Funding Round appeared first on Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide Manta Network, a privacy-preserving decentralized finance stack built on Polkadot, has announced the conclusion of a $5.5 million financing round. The capital injection, led by Coinfund and Parafi Capital, featured new investors including CMS Holdings, Longhash Ventures, Divergence, Spartan Group, Global Coin Ventures, Zee Prime, SNZ, and SkyVision Capital. It also saw participation from angel …
- Binance Triggers Elrond Mania! EGLD Price to “Moon-Soon”!Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide - 19 hours agoThe post Binance Triggers Elrond Mania! EGLD Price to “Moon-Soon”! appeared first on Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide The global crypto space is moving vigorously by achieving a new ATH of a $2.67 trillion market cap. While Bitcoin and Ethereum are stealing the show with 3.70% and 9.75% gains in 24 hours, prominent altcoin Elrond came out of the box to compete with these star cryptos. Binance Exchange Launches EGLD Staking Pool! Elrond …
- Regulated Institutional Capital To Flow Into Polygon Uplifting MATIC Price!Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide - 19 hours agoThe post Regulated Institutional Capital To Flow Into Polygon Uplifting MATIC Price! appeared first on Coinpedia – Fintech & Cryptocurreny News Media| Crypto Guide Polygon Target’s Wall Street Funds! Polygon’s journey is no less than an eye-catching dream for the traders in the crypto space. Similar to the dogecoin price rally, MATIC price also killed a couple of zero’s to range above $2. However, since the Mid-May crash, the price failed to get back the required attention and experienced …
- TA: Ethereum Dips Turn Attractive, Key Indicators Point Fresh IncreaseNewsBTC - 1 hour agoEthereum extended its increase above the $4,200 resistance against the US Dollar. ETH corrected gains, but it is well supported above the $4,000 pivot level. Ethereum started a fresh increase above the $4,000 and $4,200 resistance levels. The price is now trading above $4,100 and the 100 hourly simple moving average. There is a key bullish trend line forming with support near $4,050 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD (data feed via Kraken). The pair could start a fresh increase if it stays above the $4,010 support zone. Ethereum Price Eyes Fresh Increase Ethereum gained pace above the $4,200 level…
- TA: Bitcoin Retreats Lower, Why There Is Risk of Sharp DeclineNewsBTC - 3 hours agoBitcoin price traded to a new all-time high above $66,800 before correcting lower against the US Dollar. BTC traded below $63,000 and it remains at a risk of more downsides. Bitcoin rallied above the $65,000 and $66,000 resistance levels before correcting lower. The price is now trading below $63,000 and the 100 hourly simple moving average. There was a break below a major bullish trend line with support near $63,200 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair (data feed from Kraken). The pair could accelerate lower if it remains below the $64,000 pivot level. Bitcoin Price Corrects Lower Bitcoin…
- Cardano Set To Enter The Babbage Era After Alonzo HFC MilestoneNewsBTC - 7 hours agoCardano successfully deployed the Alonzo Hard Fork Combinator over a month ago, which has no doubt been one of the most important upgrades to happen on the network Alonzo HFC brought with it smart contracts capability on the network and with this came decentralized finance (DeFi) services to the ecosystem. Developers could now develop and deploy decentralized applications (DApps) on the Cardano blockchain. This provided a boost for the network and Cardano continues to work with developers to get their DApps deployed on the blockchain. After this milestone, a question on the minds of supporters has been, ‘What’s next?’ With…
- Bitcoin Slams Metrics ATHs After Cracking $65K, Bulls Ready For More Profits?NewsBTC - 8 hours agoBitcoin has been rejected in the high area around its current levels and trends to the downside in the daily chart. At press time, BTC’s price has slide back into early week levels trading at $62,668 with a 5.1% loss in the daily chart. The bullish sentiment remains as Bitcoin has been able to retain its profits in higher timeframes. The benchmark crypto smashed its previous all-time high at $65,000 and roared its way up to the $68,000. Related Reading | Lucky Buyers Possibly Bag $8K Bitcoin During Early Morning Flash Crash Analyst John Wick believes Bitcoin could follow a similar…
- Lucky Buyers Possibly Bag $8K Bitcoin During Early Morning Flash CrashNewsBTC - 10 hours agoHighly volatile cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other altcoins can behave irrationally at any given moment, especially when turbulence strikes. But what happened this morning on the US branch of Binance, was shocking for even those who have seen flash crashes happen in real time. The result of a massive wick left on the BTCUSD chart was a violent trip to $8,000 where coins were potentially exchanged for prices that are currently 87% lower than where Bitcoin is trading at right now. Here is a closer look at what went down, and what might have happened as a result. Flash…
- Despite New ATH, Bitcoin Exchange Reserves Continue To DeclineNewsBTC - 11 hours agoDespite the fact that Bitcoin has made a new ATH above $66,000, the exchange reserves have continued their trend of decline. Bitcoin All Exchanges Reserve Continues To Go Down As pointed out by a CryptoQuant post, the Bitcoin all exchanges reserve continues to show a downtrend despite the crypto making new all-time highs (ATHs). The all exchanges reserve is a BTC indicator that tells us the total amount of coins deposited on centralized exchange wallets. When the value of the metric shows an increase, it means investors are sending more of their Bitcoin to exchanges. This could imply that there…
- Associated Press To Utilize Chainlink Smart ContractsNewsBTC - 11 hours agoThe Associated Press (AP) has historically been known as one of the most reliable sources in news data. This week, the AP has announced that they are launching a Chainlink node to make a variety of different datasets available to leading blockchains. The AP has continued to be aggressive in utilizing blockchain technology to provide data in the quickest and most reliable way possible. Moving At The Speed Of News In today’s world, news is arriving to consumer’s eyes and ears faster than ever. The Associated Press’ move this week to leverage Chainlink oracles will look to address exactly that,…
- Bitcoin New All-Time Cleared, $100,000 Straight Ahead?NewsBTC - 13 hours agoBitcoin has now set a new all-time high above $67K, a price range that one would have thought impossible when the market slowed to a crawl in September. Investors across the market are back in the green after enduring a brutal month and sentiment could not be more positive. This has translated to more faith in the market as more money flows into crypto. However, hitting a new all-time high does not mean that the market stops moving. If anything, times like these are crucial for the digital asset in the long term as the market could go either way.…
- Dragon Kart Raises $1.1 Million For 3D Play-to-Earn Battle Racing GameNewsBTC - 13 hours agoDragon Kart, an innovative 3D play-to-earn battle racing game built on Binance Smart Chain (BSC), has announced the successful closing of an oversubscribed $1.1 million funding round. The raise was led by Bigcoin Capital and LuaVentures, with participation from TomoChain, Signum Capital, NGC Ventures, Shima Capital, AU21, Kardia Ventures, LaunchZone, VBC Ventures, BSC Station and individual investors from Digital Strategies and Everse Capital. Dragon Kart combines interactive gameplay with DeFi and NFTs to offer users a free, fun, and skill-based opportunity at earning rewards for their performance. Dragon Kart’s gameplay includes racing battles including PvC, PvP, and tournaments. The characters…
- AGM Group Announces Significant Order for 25,000 Digital Currency Mining MachinesNewsBTC - 16 hours agoBEIJING, China, October 21, 2021, – AGM Group Holdings Inc. (“AGMH” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: AGMH), an integrated technology company focused on providing fintech software services and producing high-performance hardware and computing equipment, today announced that it agreed to supply MinerVa Semiconductor Corp. (“MinerVa”) with 25,000 units of its 100 TH/S MinerVa MV7 ASIC to build the MinerVa family of crypto miners. MinerVa is a premier high-performance ASIC design and manufacturing company and is the exclusive distributor of industrial-grade crypto miners to leading global large-scale mining companies. MinerVa has influential relationships and resource networks within the Fintech and Blockchain ecosystems…
- Facebook, Tencent a ‘Threat’ to Open Metaverse: Animoca’s Yat SiuDecrypt - 9 hours agoAnimoca Brands has invested aggressively—and is “in a hurry”—to build a metaverse free of centralized control, says founder Yat Siu.
- Ethereum Rival Solana Rides Bitcoin Wave to 8% Daily GainDecrypt - 10 hours agoAfter Bitcoin and Ethereum reached record prices this week, Solana is slowly making its way back to its all-time high.
- Bitcoin Flash Crash on Binance US Caused by Algorithm 'Bug', Says ExchangeDecrypt - 11 hours agoThe price of Bitcoin on the exchange went from above $60,000 to just $8,200.
- AMC Accepts Dogecoin. Could It Soon Launch Its Own Crypto?Decrypt - 11 hours agoCEO Adam Aron says the movie theater chain might not only accept crypto payments, but also “issue” its own cryptocurrency.
- The Weeknd Joins Tom Brady's NFT Platform Autograph as It Expands Into MusicDecrypt - 14 hours agoTom Brady’s NFT platform is adding music to its repertoire, and now The Weeknd and FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried are getting involved.
- Tesla’s Bitcoin Holdings Have Earned the Company $1 Billion in ProfitDecrypt - 14 hours agoThe company’s latest earnings reports reveals the success of Tesla’s Bitcoin bet.
- Sam Altman's Worldcoin Unveils Hardware That Will Scan Your Eyeballs for CryptoDecrypt - 15 hours agoNo names, no addresses. Just eyeballs.
- Tech Platform Behind Sotheby’s NFT Metaverse Raises $20 MillionDecrypt - 15 hours agoAfter bringing the Sotheby’s Metaverse to life, Serotonin’s new tech suite Mojito aims to help other brands make the leap into NFTs.
- Associated Press Taps Chainlink to Provide Untamperable News DataDecrypt - 16 hours agoThe Associated Press has partnered with Chainlink to provide verifiable news data in the age of misinformation.
- Crypto Exchange FTX Hits $25 Billion Valuation in Latest Funding RoundDecrypt - 16 hours agoFTX has memed itself into yet another mammoth valuation.
- Polygon Dodges $850M Hack, Pays Record $2M BountyDecrypt - 17 hours agoThe team behind the Polygon protocol has paid out a record $2 million bounty to a white hat hacker who discovered a critical vulnerability.
- Digital Currency Group Authorized to Buy $1 Billion Worth Of GBTC SharesDecrypt - 18 hours agoThe Grayscale Bitcoin Trust’s discount has narrowed slightly as DCG authorizes the purchase of $1 billion worth of GBTC shares.
- Fanatics’ Sports NFT Studio Candy Digital Raises $100M, Valued at $1.5BDecrypt - 18 hours agoMajor League Baseball’s official NFT partner strikes a sizable valuation, which includes investment from Peyton Manning.
- Ethereum Follows Bitcoin's Lead, Hits All-Time High PriceDecrypt - 19 hours agoThe price of Ethereum shot past its previous all-time high, set on May 12.
- Peter Thiel: 'I've Been Underinvested' in BitcoinDecrypt - 20 hours agoThe billionaire libertarian argued that the rise of cryptocurrencies “tells us that we are at a complete bankruptcy moment for the central banks.”
- Total Value Locked in DeFi on Solana Hits Record High of $12.7BDecrypt - 20 hours agoThe latest DeFi record is coupled with Solana’s native SOL token rising by more than 20% in the past 24 hours.
- Mt. Gox Creditors Set to Receive Over $9 Billion in BitcoinDecrypt - 20 hours agoA recent filing with the Tokyo District Court reveals that victims of the infamous Mt. Gox collapse may soon have some closure.
- Andrew Yang and Bankless DAO Release NFT to Support Forward PartyDecrypt - 1 day agoYang revealed his NFT collaboration on Twitter after joining the Bankless podcast.
- Flow Blockchain Now ‘Controlled by Community,’ Says Dapper LabsDecrypt - 1 day agoThe network behind NBA Top Shot has gradually decentralized, with Dapper now running less than one-third of the total nodes.
- Jack Dorsey Nearly Predicted Which Bitcoin Block Would Include All-Time HighDecrypt - 1 day agoDouglas Adams’ “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” suggested the meaning of life was 42. So, what’s 705,742 all about?
- Ethereum Art Collective PleasrDAO Revealed as Buyer of One-of-a-Kind Wu-Tang AlbumDecrypt - 1 day agoWu-Tang’s “Once Upon a Time in Shaolin” sold for $4 million in July. Now we know who bought it.
- Why ARK’s Cathie Wood Isn’t Buying Into the Bitcoin Futures ETFDecrypt - 1 day agoARK is big on Bitcoin and crypto-adjacent stocks, but Wood isn’t ready to invest in ProShare’s hot new Bitcoin futures ETF.
- Australian Lawmakers Want Crypto Framework That Recognizes DAOsDecrypt - 1 day agoAustralia has moved a step closer to adopting a comprehensive regulatory framework for the digital assets space.
- SEC Clears VanEck to Launch Bitcoin Futures ETF Next WeekDecrypt - 1 day agoThe investment firm will be the second Bitcoin Futures exchange-traded fund to kick-off trading on the NYSE.
- Bitcoin Is Preferred Inflation Hedge Over Gold: Paul Tudor JonesDecrypt - 1 day agoPaul Tudor Jones told CNBC today that crypto is “clearly winning the race against gold” amid a broader discussion around inflation.
- Ethereum Reclaims $4,000 for First Time Since MayDecrypt - 1 day agoEthereum has tipped back over the $4,000 mark for the first time in five months, amid a surging crypto market.
- Bitcoin Price Hits New All-Time High Amid Futures ETF TradingDecrypt - 1 day agoThe price of Bitcoin has broken an all-time high today amid the launch of Bitcoin futures ETF trading yesterday.
- Bitcoin Edges Toward All-Time High, Lifting Coinbase, Square, Crypto StocksDecrypt - 1 day agoAs Bitcoin nears an all-time high in price, cryptocurrency-related stocks like Square and Coinbase are also being pulled upwards.
- These Are The High-Profile Bitcoin Spot ETF Applications Currently In PlayDecrypt - 1 day agoBitcoin exchange-traded funds have sprung up around the world—but the U.S. SEC continues to stonewall proposals for a Bitcoin spot ETF.
- China Pushes McDonald's to Expand Digital Yuan Scheme Before OlympicsDecrypt - 1 day agoWith the full roll-out of the digital yuan looming, China is reportedly pushing for the expansion of a pilot scheme at fast-food retailer McDonald’s.
- Animoca Brands Raises $65M From Ubisoft, Others for NFT Gaming PushDecrypt - 1 day agoWith an eye on the growing metaverse, the crypto gaming investor and publisher has more than doubled its valuation.
- FCA Launches TikTok, YouTube Campaign Warning Young People About CryptoDecrypt - 1 day agoThe UK’s Financial Conduct Authority has taken to TikTok and YouTube to warn young investors about cryptocurrencies.
- Short-Seller Research Firm Offers $1M Bounty to Uncover Tether's True BackingDecrypt - 1 day agoHindenburg Research has cast doubts on the legitimacy of Tether’s backing, announcing a $1 million bounty for previously undisclosed information.
- Bitcoin Lender Celsius Denies Receiving Cease and Desist From New York AGDecrypt - 2 days agoBut New York does want more information on Celsius’ operations.
- Elizabeth Warren Urges Zuckerberg to Halt Facebook's Crypto Wallet NoviDecrypt - 2 days agoFacebook finally launched its crypto wallet Novi, only to be immediately warned by Elizabeth Warren and other senators.
- First Bitcoin Futures ETF Trades Nearly $1 Billion in One DayDecrypt - 2 days agoThe first-ever Bitcoin ETF has hit the market. And it nearly broke the trading record for any debuting ETF.
- Mining Bitcoin for Profit Is Getting Harder. Here's WhyDecrypt - 2 days agoHashrate and price are both on the way up.
- Coinbase Inks Sponsorship Deal With NBA, WNBADecrypt - 2 days agoCoinbase follows rival FTX with a big push into sports marketing.
- Martha Stewart Is Now Selling Ethereum NFTs—And Carving CryptoPunks Into PumpkinsDecrypt - 2 days agoThe lifestyle entrepreneur seeks success in yet another business endeavor: festive Ethereum NFT collectibles.
- Stan Lee NFTs Capture the Creator’s Essence in Classic Comic CoversDecrypt - 2 days agoArtist Rob Prior collaborated on the portraits with Lee before the legendary Marvel creator’s death. Now they’re Ethereum NFTs.